Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This One's For The Archives...


I enjoy using the features provided by Google Analytics to track the few visitors to this site. It's always interesting to find out where my readers are from, and how they came across WWMRD. As you can very well imagine, I'm big in Taiwan whenever I write about Chien Ming Wang. Whenever I write about Brian Melo, Jaydee Bixby or Canadian Idol, I get a ton of hits from a network location called "Colliers". No idea what that's all about.

Anyway, I really was not surprised to see the following network location show up amongst today's hits:


Yes, you read that correctly. The Smithsonian Institute.

Am I honoured? Yes. Surprised? Not really.

It's only fitting that this web-based journal be archived along with Alexander Graham Bell's telephone, an original copy of the Declaration of Independence and other great treasures of history. No doubt the people down at the Smithsonian are getting on the WWMRD bus early.....they have an eye for potential. It's a bit like loading up on Kevin Maas rookie cards....both WWMRD and Maas are sure things.

Dr. Smithsonian, I promise I won't let you down. WWMRD will continue forward with the determination of Daniel E. 'Rudy' Ruettiger, the courageousness of Seabiscuit, and the flair of a young Terrence Trent D'Arby. Goodnight and godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites