Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Arrrrrrrrrr...............

The internet tells me that today, September 19th, is "Talk Like a Pirate Day"....and that sounds good to me. Who am I to stand in the way of internet-based holidays? Seems that the net web is the main source of finding the next big anything nowadays....so why not holidays?

I assume the Pittsburgh Pirates play an afternoon game today? No? 10:05 in San Diego? Thanks for nothing Bug Selig.

Well...since MLB is a bunch of jerks, I invite you to kick off Talk Like a Pirate Day by watching this video. It will get you in the mood.



This is from Saturday Night Live a couple years ago. I enjoy it very much.

Now, a lot of people will claim that SNL just isn't as good as it used to be...and it's hard to totally disagree with that statement. What I don't like is when people knock the current cast! If you don't think it's funny, then it has to be the writers...because in my opinion, the current crop of talent is fantastic. Jason Sudeikis is going places. According to Wikipedia, Jason is of partial Lithuanian descent....which I guess makes him the Sarunas Marciulionis of the current troupe.

And now that we're onto Saturday Night Live clips, watch this one too. You'll be glad you did once you get to the part Andy Samberg references pirates once again...



Alright, I gotta run. For those in Ontario...this is a reminder to Vote Green! With Frank De Jong as our next Premier, there's a good chance "Talk Like a Pirate Day" will be a statutory holiday in 2008!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites