Thursday, August 16, 2007

Living it up in Western New York / Celebrity Look-a-likes...

First off, my apologies for the lack of WWMRD updates over the past few days. I have been vacationing in Western New York. A few facts/tidbits about this trip:

  • Apparently, people under 60 don't stay at bed and breakfasts. That said, the place we stayed in Canandaigua was great....I ate like an eight year old from Ohio....which means I ate a lot.

  • Letchworth State Park is called the 'Grand Canyon of the East'. It's a nice spot, but I think the comparison is a bit insulting to the Grand Canyon. The comparison is a bit like saying "I'm the Gary Kasparov of my living room".

  • The new screens at Ralph Wilson Stadium are looking good.

  • Premier Liquor is the best liquor store I have ever set foot in. Better than Summerhill, although somewhat confusing in it's organization. Worth a trip. Visit them here.

  • Buffalo is cheap. The wife and I went to the swankiest restaurant in Buffalo, and were unable to spend $200. There might have been five bottles on the wine list which were more than $60. That's kinda where things start here in Toronto.

  • The Mansion on Delaware is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at....which to be honest, really isn't saying much. Still very nice though. I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't had read the article on the hotel wall which claims the fourth floor is haunted, (we stayed on the fourth).

  • There is an ad featuring a 30 ft Steve Tasker in the Walden Galleria.

  • Kentucky Greg's Hickory Pit is not swanky, but it may have the best food in the state. Also worth a trip. Visit them here.

So, onto the other topic mentioned in the title, Celebrity Look-a-likes. I was inspired to write about this after watching a recent episode of Two and a Half Men on CBS. I have been saying for years that the kid (Angus T. Jones) on that show is a white, 10 year old replica of Vernon Wells.

Let the photo evidence below speak for itself.





I'm telling you, they are twins.

Now, to keep in line with the title, I have promised look-a-likes (plural). The only other one that I have is unfortunately without pictures. If you'll take my word for it, there was a girl who worked at the KFC/Taco Bell in Kingston about seven years ago. She was a dead ringer for Steve Francis, even though she was about 17 and white....and a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites