Saturday, March 1, 2008

The WWMRD Geography Challenge (or: How I Conquered the World Without Leaving the House)

Yeah yeah...I know I promised more posts in 2008. Seems that I am liar..... or am I?

For the past couple months, I have been holed up at WWMRD HQ, like a post-Rattle & Hum, pre-Achtung Baby U2. I had to go away and dream it all up again, (a line I stole from Bono....pretty sure Coldplay stole it as well.)

Anyway, WWMRD is back.....with the WWMRD Geography Challenge!

Since it's inception in July 2007, WWMRD has had visitors from 62 different countries. That leaves approximately 135 more countries than remain untouched by WWMRD. This needs to be rectified!

As of March 1, 2008 the map below details WWMRD's global reach.



As you can see - we're doing well in North America, South America and Europe. The rest of the globe....not so much.

Over the coming weeks and months, the goal is to have at least one visitor from all of the remaining countries. The list of countries has been compiled from wikipedia's listing of United Nations members, throwing in few extras like Taiwan and Greenland for good measure. Ultimately, the goal is to have the map above be covered in green.

How will I do this? Not really sure. I figure if I write about some stuff of interest in each of these local countries, I'm bound to snag a visitor. Who really knows though....

So, starting at the top.....we've got Afghanistan!

Hello Afghanistan! How are things? Are you excited for the coming Nauroz celebrations on the 21st of March? I hope you have a good time stuffing yourselves with kulcha Naurozee and playing your national sport of Buzkashi, as seen below:


Well, I'd better run! I'm off to listen to my collection or Farhad Darya records!

Regards,
WWMRD




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites