So, who had Bulgaria in the 100th country pool? If you did, congrats...but good luck collecting your winnings, because I hear your friends are deadbeats.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The Maloof's Bulgarian casino holdings are far less glamourous than the Palms. Rumour has it Ron Artest checks coats here, just for the employee discount on Tolumbichki at the cafe next door.
Speaking of crazy people....
Here's why Japan is facking insane...but also kind of awesome.
1. People have virtual "lives". OK - fair enough. I virtually create myself in Madden every year and have racked up a number of NFL MVP awards.
2. People get virtually "married" in Maple Story. 'Nuff said...weddings are big business anywhere and everywhere. Right now, there's an executive spending the fortune he made in virtual "save the date" cards on square watermelons and foreign whores.
3. The "dead" guy contacted the police. How does one go about reporting their own murder? Perhaps this was touched on in the Lindsay Lohan vehicle, "I Know Who Killed Me". There's no way to confirm though, as I am pretty sure this movie was never actually released.
4. The police actually proceeded with the complaint. This is the complete opposite of what I would have expected to happen, which would have been a lot of laughing, following by the officer charging the complainant with misuse of police resources. (Japanese cops are robots, right?)
5. The "killer" has been jailed and not yet formally charged. OK, now I am confused. Is this a real jail or a virtual jail? Are you allowed to be jailed without charges? I know that flies in Gitmo, but I didn't realize the Japanese were so ruthless. Knowing this, I'm actually quite surprised my old roommate Toshio didn't have me poisoned for all the times I tried to convince him that Hideki Irabu liked dudes.
I make the points above not to mock the Japanese, but to show how wonderful they are. With the exception of Hirohito and possibly those guys behind the sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway, has anyone ever met a Japanese person they didn't like??? Right....didn't think so.
And as an FYI, I had Sushi Marche for dinner tonight and it was delightful.